As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases at NO cost to you
Science and technology is moving at a rapid pace. Cars can now drive themselves. The best thing is natural ingredients that can revolutionize our health and wellness plans. One of the latest craze is the use of MSM. Despite the fact that MSM has been known for many years, the nutritional benefits were unknown until the early 1980s. Let’s check out some of the health benefits of MSM supplements.
What is MSM?
MSM is an abbreviation for Methylsulfonylmethane. It is a chemical that occurs naturally in humans. It is also called Crystalline Dimethylsulfone (DMSO). In addition, it also is found in green plants and animals. Another aspect of MSM is that it is a colorless, white crystalline solid. In fact, MSM is actually manufactured in a lab. Want to learn more about the health benefits of MSM supplements? You are in the right place at the right time.
What are the Health Benefits of MSM?
MSM is a powerful dietary supplement. It is used for many ailments and complaints. For example, it can relieve pain and swelling caused by osteoarthritis. Plus, you take it in pill, tablet, capsule or powder form. In addition, you can apply it to your skin as a topical cream. This compound is so good for so many ailments. Check out the list below.
- It is helps Osteoarthritis
- Mood Improvement
- Helps with obesity
- Lowers blood pressure
- Headache Relief
- Immune System Improvement
- Great for Gut Health
Relief for Osteoarthritis
- MSM helps with the aches and pains in the joints and muscles.
- Prevent the breakdown of cartilage.
- Decrease joint degeneration.
- Prevent over activation of allergic responses
- Positive results in the Journal of Medicine
Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) Support
- Improve PMS-related pain
- Reduce Cramps and bloating
- Improve depression
- Reduce swelling and pain throughout the body
MSM can also Treat:
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Bladder disorders such as interstitial cystitis
Treats Gastrointestinal Problems
- Chronic Constipation
- Diverticulosis (a bowel disorder)
- MSM is an anti-inflammatory
- Reduce inflammation in the brain
- In 2018 article about inflammation and mental health (Psychiatric Times)
Other Reasons People Take MSM
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Gum disease
- Liver problems
The lists go on and on. There are still other reasons to take MSM. It can help snoring, infections, lung issues, Alzheimer’s, HIV and cancer. Although MSM has many healing properties, there is not enough reliable research on this subject. Only time will tell. For now, let’s just stay curious. MSM is very fascinating.
MSM with Glucosamine and Chondroitin
One study found that combining MSM with glucosamine and chondroitin was more effective at decreasing pain and stiffness in people with osteoarthritis alone. Also, studies show that MSM increases the levels of glutathione. This is a potent antioxidant naturally produced by the body. Let’s see if MSM is too good to be true.
Risks and Precautions of MSM?
Caution. MSM is not effective for every condition. It should not be used when a person has poor circulation. For example, people who have chronic venous insufficiency or CVI also get swelling in their legs. Applying MSM to the legs can reduce swelling if it is applied alongside hyaluric acid.
When taken by mouth, MSM is safe when used for up to 6 months. On the other hand, it might cause nausea, diarrhea, bloating and stomach discomfort for some people.
When applied to the skin, MSM is possibly safe when used in combination with other ingredients, such as hyaluric acid and tree oil, for up to 20 days.
Special Precautionary Measures
Take precautionary measures when taking MSM. If your are pregnant or are breast feeding avoid using this product. Also, if you have varicose veins avoid using this product. For example, applying a lotion that contains MSM to lower limbs can increase swelling and pain.
Due to import regulations, not all supplements are available to international customers. So, MSM is not available in Australia and Peru.
1) MSM Powder or Flakes
This is one of the most popular forms of MSM supplements
MSM powder contains an essential chemical that helps support the joints, immune system, skin and hair. In addition, an MSM supplement contributes to healthy digestion. Another bonus is that it aids in recovery after strenuous exercise. Plus:
- Fortifies immune system
- Supports joints
- Promotes healthy skin and hair
- Helps exhausted muscles recover
- 100 Grams (3.5 oz.) 250 Grams (8.8 oz)
- 500 Grams (1.1 lbs) 1 Kilogram (2.2 lbs)
- 5 Kilograms (11 lbs) 25 Kilograms (55 lbs)
- 100 Gelatin Capsules
- 300 Gelatin Capsules
- Powder used as an anti-aging benefit
- Reduces inflammation throughout the body
- Boosting the immune system
- Improving recovery after exercise
- Reducing allergy symptoms.
Some people do not like taking it this way because of its bitter taste, but it is the purest form of methylsulfonylmethane. All the other versions have added ingredients.
How To Take MSM Powder
- Mix their dose with water.
- Drink the mixture.
- Use as little water as possible to swallow it in one shot. Drinking larger glasses of MSM is difficult.
- Benefits of taking MSM powder are not immediate
- Take MSM powder daily.
- This will enable the sulfur to continue working throughout your body
- Recommended a dosage of 2 to 4 grams per day.
- For special conditions 6-12 grams .
- Best when taken in the morning.
2) How to Use MSM Cream
- Rub it on the affected area
- Relief from joint pain in as little as 4 minutes.
- Do not worry about the dosage.
- You can reapply the cream to the affected areas as needed.
- To be safe, only use MSM creams externally.
- Not meant for internal use.
- Be sure to avoid contact with the eyes and open wounds.
- May be less effective than powder.
3) How to Use MSM Capsules or Pills
Unlike the powder form, the capsule or pills have no bitter taste. First, you get an accurate dose. Second, there is no need to measure anything. Third, most capsules contain 1000 milligrams (mg) of methylsulfonylmethaine (MSM). Usually, the capsule casings are vegetarian..
How to Take MSM Capsules
- Swallow the number of pills that make up your dose.
- Take 2 to 4g per day.
- Each pill is 1000mg
- Take 2 to 4 capsules per day.
- For special conditions take up to 8 capsules per day.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. What are Prescription Drug Interactions?
A. There are no drug interactions.
Q. How do I Store MSM?
A. Store at room temperature 68-77 Fahrenheit (20-25Celsius)
Q. What are Some of the Side Effects?
A. Fatigue, brain fog, insomnia, headache, swelling.
Q. Where can I buy MSM?
A. Health food stores. Pharmacies, online retail stores, Amazon. Walmart.
Q. Can you simplify what MSM is?
A. MSM is a water-soluble white, odorless, crystalline compound that contains 34% elemental sulfur.
Q. Can you explain MSM a Little More?
A. MSM is an organic sulfur found in fruits, vegetables, grains, and milk as well as the urine of animals.
MSM reduces pain, inflammation, and allergic reactions. It also has wound healing, and enhances exercise.
Final Take Home
Despite the fact that people are trying to live healthier lifestyle, that is not enough. In fact, it is getting harder and harder to have optimal health without the help of a dietary supplement. MSM seems to be the top choice in 2022. This is a powerful supplement that is the dietary jack of all trades. For example, it can reduce joint pain, lower inflammation, improve skin health and decrease allergy symptoms.
Not only can it help muscles recover after a rigorous workout, it also promotes hair growth. Does this sound too good to be true? For many people it isn’t. Talk to your primary care physician first. You may be a good candidate for MSM. This compound can help solve many of your health issues. The health benefits of MSM are endless. At the end of the day, MSM is a natural alternative for all types of health conditions. Maybe this product can make your day too.
Thank you for sharing my MSM journeys with me. I hope you liked this content. Share it with your friends and family. It could be just what you’ve been waiting for. Also, feel free to leave your questions and comments below. I am more than glad to correspond with you.
Your Tour Guide to Happiness,