As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases at NO cost to you.
Laser is an acronym for Light Amplification by the Stimulated Emission of Radiation. A laser is typically made out of helium, and it produces a red laser light. These narrow beams of red light produce wavelengths of radiation. Physicians in every field of medicine have used lasers before, during or after surgeries. Dental treatments may also involve the use of lasers. Low Level Laser Therapy is here to stay. Laser caps are dominating the hair growth industry.
iRestore Caps Have Taken the World by Storm
The Discovery of Low-Level Laser Therapy
Low-level laser therapy began in 1967 by a Hungarian surgeon named Endre Mester. He was a pioneer of laser medicine. He performed experiments using the effects of lasers on skin cancer. One of his first medical publications was on “the effects of low intensity laser.”
Three Names in One: Red Light or Cold Laser
Did you see the pointers that speakers use on Ted Talks? These are laser beams. Low level laser technology is the same as Red-Light Therapy and Cold Laser Therapy. Low laser therapy is done at home or at work. What happens when you turn on your TV by remote control? Laser technology is at play.
Wavelengths, Nanometers and Radiation
The low light emissions are photons (energy) moving in waves. These wavelengths radiate between 660 nm and 905 nm. They can penetrate skin and soft/hard tissues of the body. Laser beams can relieve pain, inflammation and can repair tissue damage. Nm is a nanometer or measure of length. This refers to a wavelength of a laser. Let’s learn more about lasers.
Three types of lasers:
- Uses a medium that is a solid, rather than a liquid (semi-conductors are solid-state)
- High beam quality
- High peak power
- Used in Eye surgery, light sources in laser printers,
- The light from laser diodes (injection laser) is coherent.
A Coherent light happens when the wavelengths of the laser are in phase in space and time. The laser light uses light set to 600-980 nanometers. Lasers help surgeons perform minor surgeries and promote regeneration of tissue.
- An electric current is discharged through a gas to produce coherent light. The gas laser was the first continuous light laser to operate on the principle of converting electrical energy to a laser light output.
- Carbon monoxide gas lasers are used for cutting and welding. They are less expensive.
- Helium-neon lasers are used in physics labs and in educational settings (schools)
- A subdivision of the liquid laser is the dye laser. They generate broadband laser light from the energy states of organic dyes dissolved in liquid solvents.
- Liquid crystal lasers use a liquid crystal. Expanding wavelength and polarization.
Laser Versus Conventional Light
What is the difference between a laser and conventional light?
- 1. Coherence:
(waves of the same wavelength)
- 2. Directionality
- 3. Monochromaticity:
(only one wavelength)
- 4. High intensity
A laser beam is not just focused light; it is a coherent light in a single wavelength. Can you think of things that run with laser beams? Here we go! Laser printers, barcode scanners, laser surgery, skin and hair treatments and welding materials. We live in a laser laden world. Here’s another fact – Laser beams are as wide as a human hair.
What are Lasers Useful for?
- Lasers are used as precision tools (welding).
- They can cut through diamonds and thick metal.
- Low level lasers are used in delicate surgeries (brain, heart).
Surgeons Have Free-Range to:
- Shrink or destroy tumors or polyps
- Remove kidney stones
- Used in LASIK eye surgery:
- Reduce wound infection
- Treat skin conditions (acne, eczema))
- Treat hair (Alopecia or hair loss)
- Costs $600-$8,000
More Features of Low Level Laser Therapy
The Hottest Hair Restoration Products on the market
You may have heard about the recent talk about the laser combs, brushes, hoods, and caps that can put an end to hair loss. The theory is that when the hair follicles absorb the laser light, it stimulates hair to grow. This has been a much-needed breakthrough for anyone struggling with hair loss. So far, there has been no complaints of adverse effects from LLLT. More research is in the making.
IRestore Caps: Worn at Work, at Home or on the go
There are two types iRestore caps:
iRestore Essential has been FDA-cleared. This cap is comfortable and easy to use. The laser diodes target the most common areas of hair thinning and baldness. It operates with 51 medical grade lasers and LEDs (255 milliwatts). Expect to see fuller hair growth in 3-6 months. Cost $695.00
*Note: A diode is two-wire device that lets electricity flow in one direction.
Who Shouldn’t have Laser Therapy?
Thank you for joining me on this laser beam journey. I hope you stay laser-focused on your dreams and aspirations.
If you liked this post, please share it with friends. If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments below.
Beam me up Scotty!